You'll Never Lose Weight If You Keep Doing These 5 Things, Says An Expert

You’ll Never Lose Weight If You Keep Doing These 5 Things, Says An Expert

Let’s be honest: losing weight is not an easy and airy walk in the park. It takes hard work, dedication, strong motivation, and building a game plan that works best for you. Whether you’re just beginning your journey or are weeks away, there are certain habits you absolutely must avoid at all costs. In fact, you will never lose weight if you keep doing them as part of your routine.

We spoke with Victoria Brady, a personal trainer on Fyt, the nation’s largest personal training service that makes expert-guided fitness, in-person or virtual, convenient for everyone. Brady shares five bad weight loss habits to quit ASAP if you want to speed up your progress. Keep reading to learn all about those no-no’s, and then don’t miss The 4 Worst Weight Loss Tips That Will Never Work.


Mindless eating and grazing is a surefire way to impede your weight loss progress, according to Brady. Why? You don’t keep track of the calories you eat, which can lead to overeating.

“It doesn’t matter if it’s considered a ‘healthy’ food or not, too much of anything can turn into a bad thing,” says Brady. “Instead, practice portion control so you can track the number of calories you eat throughout the day and minimize overeating.”

meal skipping concept

Skipping meals puts your body in “survival mode,” Brady explains, which means you’re hanging on to the calories you’re consuming in order to conserve energy. “Also, you’re more likely to make poor food choices out of hunger, like stopping at fast food, because that’s the quickest option for a meal,” she adds.

RELATED: 5 Little Things You Can Do Every Day To Lose A Lot Of Weight

woman drinking tart cherry juice for better sleep

Whether you’re sipping fruit juice or your favorite glass of wine, keep in mind that beverages may contain extra calories. “A lot of people don’t realize how many calories most drinks have, as well as how much sugar they contain to make them taste better,” Brady tells us. “Consuming too much sugar can not only lead to weight gain, but also drinking alcohol, in particular, can slow down your metabolism.”

RELATED: The Easiest Ways To Get Down The Ladder After A Plateau

tired man, tired during training

Don’t underestimate the power of a good night’s rest and recovery after your workouts. According to research, the more you reduce your rest time, the more likely you are to put on extra pounds.

“Your body is unable to recover, disrupting your hormonal balance and triggering your appetite, as the body tends to crave carbs and high calorie foods when it’s sleep deprived,” says Brady. “It’s also important to note that rest days are essential and by over-exercising you can plateau in your weight loss and increase your risk of injury.”

fit blonde woman doing incline walk workout on treadmill

Exercise is key to any weight loss program, but there needs to be a healthy balance between making exercise and nutrition top priorities. Because, as Brady says, you can’t “exercise on the wrong diet.”

She explains, “This is where the 80/20 rule for weight loss comes in. 80% of weight loss is based on what you eat, while the other 20% is based on what you eat. do, i.e. exercise,” adding, “So that means you can’t exercise more than a bad diet. It doesn’t matter how long you workout, if your diet is rich calories, you won’t lose weight You need to burn more calories than you take in, and few Most people realize that only a small percentage of the calories you burn throughout the day come from exercise Therefore, to lose weight, you need to focus on your diet and calorie consumption.

Alexa Mellardo

Alexa is the associate editor of Eat This, Not That!’s Mind + Body, overseeing the M+B channel and delivering compelling stories about fitness, wellness and self-care to readers. Learn more about Alexa

#Youll #Lose #Weight #Expert

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *